10 Business Lessons You Should Know By Age 40 on OPEN Forum
1. You can’t control everything.
Some things you just have to let go of.
2. Money is not the only measure of success.
Yes. You can measure success in many ways.
3. “Love everyone, trust few and paddle your own canoe.”
Love is a strong word but basically, take everyone as they are, trust very few people, if any at all, and by all means, paddle your own canoe or row your own boat. Take all of this into consideration.
4. It’s not what you do; it’s who you are doing it with.
If you have positive and reliable people in you corner with many more great attributes, then that’s going to make things even better.
5. Overnight success can take seven to 10 years.
It seems like an instant but it really was a work in progress.
6. We can’t always learn something from failure.
No, we always can’t. It’s just, try not to do that again.
7. There will always be winners and losers.
Yes but the truth is losing sucks!
8. Sales are vanity; cash is sanity.
9. Focus. Focus. Focus.
Don’t let what’s happening get in the way of what you want. Always aim for the goal.
10. There are other things in life besides business.